[clug] ADSL broadband

Andrew Smith andrew at coolchilli.com
Wed Jun 11 18:44:19 EST 2003

> Anyone had any experience with
>  a D-link D100 PCI card internal modem?

I have one here, and it's painfull.  I haven't had any success under Linux
(2.4.18, 2.5.67 kernels), it's recommended only as a 'Doze card.  The binary
drivers are provided for use with the 2.2.14 kernel (response from D-link
below).

> Is it actually an ethernet card and modem in one
>  or really a processor-hogging piece of windows only software.

It's an ATM card, which can be used as an PPPoA device or PPPoE bridge
device.  The older drivers refer to it as eth0 though.

I think I'll be sending mine back to the supplier, or framing it with my
d-link 650+ as examples of jumping the driver gun :)

Andrew