[clug] watermarking / stamping pdf files.

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Fri Jun 6 16:47:36 EST 2003

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, John Griffiths wrote:

> I'm looking for a solution to batch watermark/stamp pdf files from a
> linux server.

I demoed experimental code at last CLUG called PandaEdit. PandaEdit uses
PandaLex to parse PDF documents, and then displays them in an editable
form onscreen. It also uses Panda to write the PDFs back out.

Do you notice a naming theme?

> If there's nothing out there we might be willing to contribute to
> funding development of a GPL app for the purpose.

I don't think it would be too hard to disable the UI from PandaEdit, and
then tweak the code to append commands to the page description stream. The
new document would however be new, not a tweak to the old document.

I would happy take your money ;)

You can get the PandaEdit code from
http://www.stillhq.com/extracted/pandaedit, but because it is early on,
it's not amazingly documented.