[clug] sec: unclassified - CD "Burning" - was: Debian's 10th
Ellis, LCDR Peter
Peter.Ellis at defence.gov.au
Thu Jun 5 09:29:14 EST 2003
CD "Burning" HOW-TO
But first, Why?
* Turning a perfectly good CD into a useless one;
* Watching "silver and gold" [or whatever it is] coalesce inside
* Watch the lightning in your microwave;
A. One CD
B. One old/unwanted ceramic mug
C. About 200-250ml water
D. One piece of paper towelling at least slightly larger than a CD
E. One microwave oven
1. Place the piece of paper towelling on the carousel of the microwave
2. Put almost a full mug of water on the paper.
3. Place a CD on top of the mug.
4. Turn on the microwave for 1 minute.
5. Watch the bright blue 'lightning' tracks on the surface of the CD.
6. Check the CD visually. [Caution: May be very hot!]
7. Repeat steps 4 to 6 until satisfied that no further experimentation
From: Darren Freeman [mailto:daz111 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au]
Sent: Wednesday, 4 June 2003 19:02
To: Simon Fowler
Cc: linux at lists.samba.org
Subject: Re: [clug] Debian's 10th birthday
Yup.. We could explain on the site that these are OEM CDs
the original owner paid good money for them, they are now
Perhaps we should all look for the most fun ways to destroy
M$ CDs, and
then have a carnival of insidious proprietary software
More information about the linux