[clug] Debian's 10th birthday

Simon Fowler simon at himi.org
Wed Jun 4 12:14:12 EST 2003

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 11:54:41AM +1000, Darren Freeman wrote:
> Actually Red Hat 7.1 would be the best version to *burn*. ;)
>
> But Win95 or WinXP would make a more appropriate statement.
>
> Something like the following:
>
> "We were backing up our copy of WinXP as we expected some catastrophe to
> occur. But then we realised that we have no rights whatsoever and were
> forced to destroy all 100 backups, by pouring molten iron on them (in a
> stack) to prevent those nasty hackers from recovering M$ IP."
>
> I'd call it "melting the stack for fun and profit" but a similar name
> was taken in a Phrack a while ago ;)

Hmmm . . . . We could spend the time between now and August
collecting Windows CDs of all sorts, and then on the day itself do
the burn. We'd have to film it all, of course, and put it up
somewhere (I'm sure the samba.org servers could do with a good
slashdotting ;-)

I think this could be fun ;-)

Simon

--