[clug] Debian's 10th birthday

Darren Freeman daz111 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au
Wed Jun 4 11:35:45 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 20:30, Simon Fowler wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 06:55:23PM +1000, Brad Hards wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 3 Jun 2003 18:48 pm, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> > > Anyone interested in doing something to mark the occasion? Any
> > > suggestions?
> > A Redhat installfest?
> >
> . . . a "burn all your RedHat CDs" day? ;-)
>
> Simon

I can supply the Tesla Coil if we want to do that. Plus I agree with the
political statement ;)

At the minimum I already can supply over a kilo of thermite, so we can
attempt to burn through a stack of CDs with molten iron. But the Tesla
Coil is also lots of fun but not ready at the moment (although by then I
hope it will be).

I've Tesla Coiled a Win98 CD before, all that's left is a burned piece
of plastic with blue data layer and no metal layer. It was made even
more fun by the fact that that CD had cost me hours and hours of time
because of random failures in installation.

Have fun,
Darren