[clug] Network chokes on large file xfer - what have I left out?

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Mon Jun 2 10:54:15 EST 2003

Hi all,

When building a new kernel to include USB fs, I managed to delete my old kernel config.

Not a major drama, but now I find that the new kernel will not let me copy large files
across my Xircom PCMCIA NIC (xirc2ps), either as a file system, or via FTP. The app
or session just hangs until I kill it. Everything else (web, printing etc.) is fine.

The kernel is 2.4.16. Yes, I could grab a newer source, but before I build a new
kernel I'd like to know why one build of 2.4.16 works and the other doesn't. My current
theory is that I have left something obvious out.

TIA,

Antti