[clug] which patch?

Simon Fowler simon at himi.org
Thu Jul 31 09:37:22 EST 2003

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 04:29:01AM +1000, Andrew wrote:
> Hi All,
>          I was wondering if anyone could point me to the patch I need
> to put on the kernel source to allow the 'string' match option in IP
> Tables? (It doesn't seem to come with the standard kernel, unless i'm a
> bit blind this morning).
>
> ( I am using the latest stable 2.4 series kernel and patch).

Hit the netfilter site and download either patch-o-matic or just the
latest iptables release (I'm not sure whether the patch-o-matic was
included with the iptables source at some point - I /think/ that was
planned, but I stopped following the development).

Looking on http://www.netfilter.org would be a good idea, too - it's
got /masses/ of excellent documentation.

Simon

--
PGP public key Id 0x144A991C, or http://himi.org/stuff/himi.asc
(crappy) Homepage: http://himi.org