[clug] minutes from last meeting

James Macnicol jamesm at ee.adfa.edu.au
Mon Jul 28 18:54:57 EST 2003

> I since bought a copy of VMware. Does anyone know how to set
> it up with a
> 2.6.0-test1 kernel? It wants to compile kernel modules, but they keep
> throwing errors. Possibly partly a kernel problem.

	I guess the first question is: are you trying to run 2.6 as host or
guest?  I don't think they've ported their kernel code to 2.6-pre (waiting
for this to be "stable" I guess) -- the kernel runs as guest (see below) but
without the appropriate module you'll lose time sync (and other things
maybe) which is pretty annoying.  I can't get any of this stuff to compile
either, I don't think you're doing anything wrong.

miranda:~# uname -a
Linux miranda 2.6.0-test1 #4 Thu Jul 17 10:41:05 EST 2003 i686 GNU/Linux
miranda:~# dmesg | grep VM
hda: VMware Virtual IDE Hard Drive, ATA DISK drive
hdc: VMware Virtual IDE CDROM Drive, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive

James