[clug] Can I re-record just the first record of a tape?

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Mon Jul 28 17:59:08 EST 2003

I used to put multiple archives onto single Exabyte tapes
as described. I never went and tried to update previous archives
though, I am guessing it would work as long as you didn't
write beyond the end of your first archive (naturally).

The mt manpage says that fsf forwards over EOF marks, which suggests
that if you fsf'ed to the second EOF, that'd be the start of your data.

Easy enough to test.

Antti