[clug] minutes from last meeting

Darren Freeman daz111 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au
Mon Jul 28 10:36:49 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 07:57, Simon Burton wrote:
> just kidding...
>
> But, as i wasn't able to make it to CLUG last week, would anyone care to write a little about
> what happened (apart from pizza, unless pizza _didn't_ happen) ?
>
> Simon.

A brief summary:

* Silent room.
* People start talking
* Tridge gives an impromptu talk about GCC 3.4 using precompiled headers
* Robert Rose, a member of the Democrats in ACT, discusses his foray
into free software legislation, and requests help from CLUG
* Following that we have a talk on reverse-engineering the Laplink
protocol under Linux. Featuring a 15 line Python script as a simple
server / repeater.
* A brief period of boredom ensues, but then pizza arrives
* The rest is pretty much history, especially as far as the pizza was
concerned ;)

Sorry to the presenter whose name I forgot ;) And especially sorry if I
forgot about somebody's presentation!!!

Have fun,
Darren