[clug] Open Source promo stall

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Thu Jul 24 10:28:40 EST 2003

Some ideas:

 - Get Computer Fairs to give a freebie stall. The idea of people
   handing out free software should have reasonable promotional
   value to them. And it's not going to need to be more than a metre
   or so of frontage.

 - Do it in conjunction with a trader (such as Mick) and maybe get
   them to donate a spindle of CDs and set up out the front of their stall.

 - Moderate demand. Will we need to be prepared for hundreds of people
   grabbing CDs only because they are free? Will we be able to burn CDs
   that fast? Maybe charge a modest sum (say $2 per CD)and donate it to
   a charity on behalf of us, the fair and whoever donates the blank CDs.
   That should avoid the "gimmee" crowd and also get a little publicity.

 - Have other stuff like promo literature from FSF.

I've got a junk boxen and a (slow) CD burner somewhere and would be happy
to help out with that kind of exercise.

Antti