[clug] SCO copyright registration

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Tue Jul 22 13:00:33 EST 2003

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. This is from my reading of the FAQs
available on http://www.copyright.gov

"Registering copyright" is only a *claim* to copyright. It is not
a judgement by the copyright office on the validity of that claim.
SCO filed a copyright registration so they can claim statutory
damages *if* it is later found that their copyright has been violated.

So for $30 USD, *anyone* can claim the SysV copyright.

Cheers,

Antti