[clug] CLUG meeting 24 July 2003

Darren Freeman daz111 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au
Tue Jul 22 11:53:50 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 18:51, Brad Hards wrote:
> BE WARNED: if no-one volunteers, I'm going to talk for 25 minutes about a 12
> line python script.
>
> Brad

We could talk about SCO and how we'd like to kick their arses for this
latest press release:
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030721/lam075_1.html

Seriously, is there something we as a community can do about this
unjustified attack on our reputations? Can we sue them for libel as a
class-action? (use our country's archaic suppression of freedom of
speech to our advantage)

Any lawyers among us? Maybe Tridge can hook us up with an IBM lawyer
willing to work for free(dom)?

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. OK, I don't know what I'm
talking about. But I *am* very peeved right now after reading the above
press release. Which makes this email tenuously on-topic ;)

Have fun,
Darren