[clug] Open Source Legislation

Carl Jackson carl at videohost.com.au
Tue Jul 8 12:09:12 EST 2003

Nicely put John,

   This is all about giving getting the Libs to choose not to oppose
OS - we need to use the language and methods of conservative politics
wherever possible.   "Saving the taxpayers dollar" is a good one,  data
security is another but has to be carefully presented.    The real
challenge is how to reassure them that this will not have any
detrimental effect on the free trade agreement....

The Microsoft gaff with Alston goes a long way in helping the cause...

Carl