Gentoo anyone?

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Fri Jan 31 11:12:00 EST 2003

On 31 Jan 2003, Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Rasjid Wilcox wrote:
>
> > It looks interesting, but based on the reviews I've read the install is
> > non-trivial and takes some time, and I wondering if anyone is able to provide
> > feedback on whether it is worth the time and effort to install?

Blatant advertising:  the Gentoo people are very keen on distcc.  If
you're installing Gentoo and you have any spare machines running any
system, you might like to try it.

  http://cvs.gentoo.org/~hanno/distcc.html
  http://distcc.samba.org/

All samba.org projects seem to be for stingy people :-)

  rsync for people with slow networks
  samba for people who don't want to pay M$ licence fees
  distcc for people who don't want to just buy a quad xeon

Martin