Intel Ethernet Express Pro 100 Problems :(

Andrew Donehue andrew at donehue.net
Thu Jan 30 15:22:24 EST 2003

Hi All,
           I have been using the Intel eepro100 cards for a while now
(for quality).   I noticed recently with the purchase of a Gigabyte
motherboard with a built-in eepro100 card that the chipset seems to have
changed...... The modules that came with the kernel stopped working (I
was using Turbolinux at this time) - I ended up downloading the latest
drivers from www.intel.com - and this solved the problem....

I recently moved to Debian (Woody) - and I found that once again the
kernel module eepro100.o would not recognise the card.   I tried
compiling the intel drivers, but got some errors - since then I have
moved to the 2.4.18-15 kernel (and still getting errors with the intel
source - saying it wouldn't support "kernels older than 2.4.0" - uname
-r returns 2.4.18 [weird - I thought it was a 'newer than 2.4.0'
 kernel....]).

Anyhow - to get to the point - has anyone else delt with this situation
 - Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks!
               Andrew.

P.S I would like to avoid having to buy a PCI net card as the machine is
a 1RU rack-mounted server (so trying to have 0 PCI cards).