Hard disk sad?

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Tue Jan 28 09:36:03 EST 2003

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Basil Chupin wrote:

[snip]

> ... the hassle seems to lie with the kernel and/or
> reiserfs not correctly interpreting what the BIOS is showing.

This might be true in many cases, I know my first reaction was "damn 2.5
has eaten my disk!". However, after running the DFT (thanks Peter), it
gave me a 20 character error code to quote to the IBM service dude.

I'm very impressed, within about 60 seconds the IBM guy had asked "can you
fit that yourself?" and has just shipped me a new disk, solely on the
basis of that number.

Thanks for all who helped.

Cheers,
Mikal