dhcpd & WinXP

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Fri Jan 24 06:44:20 EST 2003

Does anyone know if there is an issue with running a Linux based dhcpd
server (specifically the one with RH8.0) when trying to serve IP addresses
to XP Pro boxen.

I can see the XP clients requesting DHCPDISCOVER and I can see the dhcpd
server responding with an IP and other data DHCPOFFER, but the XP then
fails to get the message and nothing happened, iow, there is no
DHCPREQUEST and subsequent DHCPACK.

The XP boxen work fine to a NT DHCP server, so I guess the problem is with
the Linux based dhcpd server.

I can see nothing in the archives that specifically addresses this
combination so is there any other info out there?

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>