Early reports from linux.conf.au anyone?

Robert Edwards Robert.Edwards at anu.edu.au
Thu Jan 23 22:55:33 EST 2003

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 04:15 pm, Robert Edwards wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 07:07 am, Mark Purcell wrote:
> > Does anyone have any early/ in progress reports on linux.conf.au??
> >
> > Curious minds want to know.
> >
> > Mark
>
> It is happening at U.W.A. in Perth, W.A.
>
> There are about 400 attendees here.
>
> Tridge gave his keynote this morning on discovering network protocols.
>
> Linus Torvalds is here with his family.
>
> Perth is beautiful, U.W.A. is very pretty and the weather here is most
> agreeable (it is even going to rain a bit later today).
>
> What else would you like to know about it?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bob Edwards (who drove across with his family and so missed out on all the
> fires etc. in Canberra).

OK, another quick report. We had a well attended Q&A (Questions and Answers)
session this afternoon with Bdale Garbee (Mr. Debian), Andrew "tridge"
Tridgell and Sir Linus Torvalds himself on the panel. Turns out that there
was someone else who couldn't help but join in answering some of the
questions - so they gave him a seat on stage as well:
http://tux.anu.edu.au/LCA/dcp02258.jpg (the guy standing up with the large
container of Chupa-Chups under his arm is James Bromberger, the LCA2003
organising guru).

Cheers,

 Bob Edwards (we haven't had that rain yet - but it might still happen)