WD Special edition - competition from Seagate?

Eric Ball phoenix at webone.com.au
Fri Jan 17 17:45:01 EST 2003

There's a review at
http://www.storagereview.com/articles/200301/20030110ST3120023AS_1.html
that has the 120GB/8MB SATA version benchmarked with the 200GB/8MB
version of the WD drive.

Only Western Digital 'JB' (http://support.wdc.com/warranty/policy.asp)
or IBM deskstar 8MB cache
(http://www.hgst.com/hdd/support/en/warranty/english3.htm) have 3 year
warranties. Everything else including the Barracuda V
(http://www.seagate.com/support/service/warranty.html) has been reduced
to a standard 1 year warranty, with the exception of India, where both
Seagate and Samsung still offer 3 year warranties on all HD's
(http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=5880).

Try www.razorprices.com though they don't have every Australian online
retailer because they're opt-in only (so they're possibly scared of
breaching the retailer's copyright).
www.google.com.au can find you only web pages that are hosted in
Australia, though they don't have an Australian Froogle here yet.

You might save some $ at the computer fairs too.

-Eric