Logitech Elite Duo Keyboard and Mouse

Matthew Hawkins matt at mh.dropbear.id.au
Thu Jan 16 21:14:15 EST 2003

Grant Morphett (grant at gmorph.com) wrote:
> Anyone had any experience getting the Logitech Elite Duo wireless
> keyboard and mouse working under linux.  I am 90% sure that they will
> function as a normal keyboard and mouse when you plug em in and you
> only need drivers for those 'extra' keys but if someone has got one or
> tried one with linux I would be very interested to hear.

Hi Grant,

I have a Logitech Cordless Freedom Desktop Pro <insert more marketroid
terms here> combo (mainly for the neato mouse).  Anyhow, its got the
little base station with combo PS/2 and USB plugs, and the wireless
mouse and keyboard.

I tempt fate and run both off NiMH batteries, get about a month or two
out of them between charges.

Both are setup as USB devices (though the documentation cluelessly
claims that the USB connector is only for laptops!) and function fine.
XFree86 comes with some keyboard mappings for the extra keys for similar
logitech models, so I simply configured XKB to use that model (logiinav
iirc).  I got a bit of a shock first time I plugged it in, there's this
extra scroll wheel on the left hand side of the keyboard, and the linux
kernel had already mapped it to up and down arrow, so it was immediately
useful to scroll through shell history ;)

Cheers,

--
Matt