Labtam CT320 setup key sequence

Nemo - earth native nemo at nut.house.cx
Sat Jan 11 00:06:36 EST 2003

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 11:43:08PM +1100, Brett Worth did utter:
> The only reason its working is because my 12 year-old boy used the millions
> of monkeys approach to finding the way into the setup screen.  This has not
> been reproducible.

shift-sysrq from memory, as it's booting. or control-scrolllock, or
alt-pause, or shift-pause, or... well, you get thge idea. modifier + one
of those three otherwise never-used keys ;)

...from memory :)

> Now I need to change the font path setting in the nvram and would like to
> know the magic key sequence.  Does X11R4 support font servers?

The labtams certainly do - though I thought they were X11R5. Whatever
the case, yes, you can use fontservers

> Also it only has 8Mb of RAM. Is this the limit?  It keeps saying its
> run out of memory when the screen get complicated.  I tried some larger
> SIMMS but it still said 8Mb at boot.  Is this an NVRAM setting or is
> 8Mb all you can fit in?

32 is possible. I've got a manual (photocopy of, at least), and don't
mind loaning it out temporarily. Drop me a line if interested and I'll
see if I can find where I put it. :)

.../nemo

--
/  "It seems very odd to give a bundle   \ /     === DISCLAIMER ===      \
-- of vague sensory perceptions a name" -- -- Use of advanced messaging --