Big filesystems

Michael James michael at james.st
Fri Jan 10 19:30:23 EST 2003

What's the limit on Linux filesystems?

I've got 2 RAIDs with ~420Gig in each

I was planning to LVM them into a single container
 and slice them back into home space (backed up)
 and database space (un-backed up as I can re-load them off the net).

But LVM spat the dummy saying 200Gig was the limit,
 a single 400 Gig slice was out, let alone joining 2.

So what's the limit?

Also, does anyone know what filesystems have utilities to grow them?
I want to add more space later and apportion it
 without backing up and reloading.
Reiser and Ext3 are the ones I'm most interested in.

TIA,
michaelj

Michael James				michael at james.st
Network Programmer			voice:	02 6246 5040