WD Special edition - competition from Seagate?

Burn Alting burn at goldweb.com.au
Thu Jan 9 23:33:01 EST 2003

Hi Peoples,

Has anyone seen any performance benchmarks comparing the

	Western Digital WB1200JB (120GB, 7200rpm, 8MB Cache ATA-100)
verses
	Seagate ST3120024A (120GB, 7200rpm, 8MB Cache, ATA-100)

Hunting around the web here in Australia I've found

	WB1200JB 	$375.00
	ST3120024A	$322.00

Both have 3 year warranties also?

Thanks

Burn

PS. I "think" I saw a post here once about 'price searching' - that is web
price crawlers like www.tomshardware.com - has anyone seen an equivalent here
in Australia? How would they work? I suppose in a worst case one could
generate a utility to grab price lists off the web, put them into a
'standard' dumb form and provide an engine to access it. Would this be a
breach of the retailer's copyright - providing a secondary indirect path to
information stored on their site?