power down reboot (SEC: UNCLASSIFIED)

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Thu Jan 9 10:52:23 EST 2003

The laptop HOWTO on TDLP (http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Laptop-HOWTO.html)
is a good start. I found that building a kernel was a good way to make
sure all the APM stuff I wanted was included, though I still lose my
mouse pointer if I suspend the laptop (HP Omnibook) whilst in X (I looked
into it a bit, but no easy answer was forthcoming).

While we are talking laptops, are there utils to control the fan for
laptops other than the Toshiba? With my HP Omnibook, the fan only cuts
in when the laptop is *really* hot. I'd like to set a lower threshold
for the fan when running off mains current.

Antti