IE "Automatically detect settings"

Simon Haddon simon at sibern.com.au
Mon Jan 6 13:28:23 EST 2003

What I have done is used a proxy config file called proxy_ie.pac for IE
and proxy_ns.pac for Mozilla/Netscape.  I then used the "Automatic proxy
Configuration" to define the URL to the file.

The proxy pac file for my company is as follows

function FindProxyForURL(url, host)
{
  if ((isPlainHostName(host) ||
     dnsDomainIs(host, ".sibern.com.au")) &&
     !localHostOrDomainIs(host, "www.sibern.com.au"))
    return "DIRECT";
  else if (shExpMatch(host, "192.168.1.*"))
    return "DIRECT";
  else
    return "PROXY wwwcache.sibern.com.au:8080";
}