SIGABORT cause?

Ian McCulloch ianmcc at lorentz.leidenuniv.nl
Thu Jan 2 23:21:13 EST 2003

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Michael Still wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Dec 2002, Michael Still wrote:
>
> > Let's therefore assume that I'm stupid, and it's so obvious that no one
> > would want to document it.
>
> And it is. Uncaught c++ exceptions result in an abort().

In fact it is documented, C++PL3 section 14.7. :-)
A good place to stick a debug breakpoint is in terminate().  Or maybe
override the default terminate() with a variant of Tridge's segv handler?
At minimum, terminate() should at least print a message "Uncaught
exception" or somesuch.  I think thats that DEC^WCompa^WHP's C++ compiler
on Alpha does.

Cheers,
Ian McCulloch