testing a signed message..

Rob Weir rweir at ertius.org
Tue Feb 25 17:29:09 EST 2003

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 12:48:57PM +1100, Michael James wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 09:42 pm, Peter Lavender wrote:
> > I'm getting complaints about my signatures coming through as
> > attachments in kmail, pine and outlook...
>
> Could I put in a plea for people to put contact stuff in a signature.

I'm fairly sure Peter was referring to his GPG signature, not the
footer-style personal information signature (which he didn't have, btw).

> Mails from this list filter into my "CLUG" mailbox automatically. (Of course)
>
> The blasted "Unnamed-xx" files fill my desktop
>  and have to be garnered and deleted by hand.

Your mail client is spewing attachments across your filesystem?  That
sounds like a pretty serious bug :)

> To my way of thinking,
>  sending unnessessary or unsolicited attachments
>  is a breach of netiquette.

I certainly agree if you're talking about those stupid 'vcard' thingys,
but I'm not sure we are :)  GPG sigs go in an attachment for good
reason, and are an exception to the general 'attachments on every
message are BAD' rule.

--
Rob Weir <rweir at ertius.org>				http://ertius.org/