gethostbyname problem :(

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Fri Feb 14 22:54:58 EST 2003

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 4:12 pm, Andrew Donehue wrote:
> Thanks!
>              turns out I needed
>
> /lib/libnss_dns.so.2
> /lib/libresolv.so.2
>
> (all is now working) [thanks to strace]
>
> Also - in regards to the other email about needing ssh config, I don't
> need that or pam - as all that is handled by the system ssh server,
> which then executes my 'chroot-shell' - I also had to recompile su to
> not use pam to get this working - but it was worth it :) -

Chrooted ssh interests me a lot.  Any chance you could post a list of links /
references that I can read up on?  (Or even better, a summary of the steps
involved?)

Google did turn up a number of hits, notably
http://www.tjw.org/chroot-login-HOWTO/,
http://www.gnujobs.com/Articles/23/chroot.html,
http://www.gsyc.inf.uc3m.es/~assman/jail/configuring/quickguide.html and
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/securing-debian-howto/ap-chroot-ssh-env.en.html

There seem to be a number of different ways of approaching this, and so I'm
interested to know what you have done.

Cheers,

Rasjid.

--