Easy Web server monitoring tool

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Tue Feb 11 11:26:05 EST 2003

wget in a script?

At 10:41 AM +1100 03/2/11, Michael James wrote:
>We are having sporadic reports of our web server not responding.
>
>Could be DNS, could be network, could be firewalls,
> could be the server itself.
>I need a quick tool to set up monitoring,
> locally and from the sites that are having the problem.
>
>I'd need to check DNS, ping, and a page get,
> preferably direct and through several remote proxies.
>
>What's quick to set up, can call various scripts to check different aspects,
> and comes with a good cookbook of already written scripts.
>
>eg: I'd need a GET script that effectively does a shift-reload
> against the remote proxy, or I'll only be testing the proxy.
>
>TIA
>michaelj
>
>--
>Michael James				michael.james at csiro.au
>System Administrator			voice:	02 6246 5040
>CSIRO Bioinformatics Facility	fax:		02 6246 5166

Kim Holburn
Network Consultant - Telecommunications Engineering
Research School of Information Sciences and Engineering
Australian National University - Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 0417820641
Email: kim.holburn at anu.edu.au  - PGP Public Key on request

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary parts.
     Andrea Leistra (rec.arts.sf.written.Robert-jordan)