DLink DWL-520 support

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Mon Feb 10 10:59:28 EST 2003

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 10:49:55PM +1100, Ben Elliston wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have a D-Link DWL-520 PCI wireless card that is giving me some
> trouble.  It is detected by the orinoco_pci module, but performance is
> poor and I set lots of errors like:
>
>   eth0: Error -110 writing Tx descriptor to BAP
>
> in dmesg(1) output.
>
> Has anyone got this card successfully working?  If so, which driver
> and version are you using?  Thanks,

Blah, the dreaded Error -110 problem.  Unfortunately, as far as I can
tell there are multiple causes for this problem, not all of which I've
tracked down.

However, the most common is due to a bug (or rather a misunderstanding
of the firmware's behaviour) which is fixed in the 0.13 versions of
the driver.

http://www.ozlabs.org/people/dgibson