server linux

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Wed Feb 5 13:53:31 EST 2003

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Sam Couter wrote:

> Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com> wrote:
> > For example, you would be on drugs to run a production server on 2.5.59 at
> > the moment. That's why the Debian stable is still stuck in 2.2 land.
>
> Debian stable (woody) ships with a 2.2 kernel, but it supports the 2.4
> kernels out of the box. I'm not sure if there are prebuilt 2.4 kernels
> available in woody though.

I can't see a .deb with Rusty's new modutils for 2.5... Any pointers?

The from source install doesn't seem to work (there are symlinks all over
the place in /usr/sbin, and I haven't dug any further yet)...

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | Stage 1: Steal underpants
http://www.stillhq.com            | Stage 2: ????