[clug] Debian installer with e1000 driver?

Duncan Roe duncan_roe at acslink.net.au
Fri Dec 19 07:54:24 GMT 2003

I had the 01's syndrome on an old system (486SX33).

It went away when I got the BIOS geometry exactly right.

Later I found that it didn't have to be exact, only the heads and sectors have
to be right. And you have to tell BIOS it has at least enough cylinders (<1024)
to cover your /boot partition.

The old BIOS requires LILO / geometric. Don't know if GRUB would work on it.
Anyway I reckon the latest LILO is pretty cool - arrow selection of kernels,
customisable colour scheme... (am I easily pleased? :)

Cheers ... Duncan.