[clug] FW: [Linux-aus] Fwd: The ACT Open Source Bill has passed!

John Griffiths john at capmon.com
Thu Dec 11 01:20:15 GMT 2003

You all might want to note the Liberals added a three year sunset clause
to the Bill,

But the amended version passed unanimously.

John

John Griffiths wrote:
> that's the Bill as presented.
>
> Roslyn's office has the amended version (as passed) up here:
>
> http://www.roslyndundas.com/pdf/OSS_bill_final_version.pdf
>
> James McNeill wrote:
>
>>>Subject: [Linux-aus] Fwd: The ACT Open Source Bill has passed!
>>

>>Actually, it's called the Government Procurement (Principles) Guideline
>>Amendment Bill (2003) ;~) But who's being fussy?
>>
>>is now available from the ACT legislation register:
>>http://www.legislation.act.gov.au/b/db_6278/default.asp
>>
>>Nice work democrats!
>>
>>-James
>>

> --
> "I live in the Managerial Age, in a world of "Admin." The
> greatest evil is not now done in those sordid "dens of
> crime" that Dickens loved to paint. It is not done even in
> concentration camps and labour camps. In those we see its
> final result. But it is conceived and ordered (moved,
> seconded, carried, and minuted) in clean, carpeted, warmed
> and well-lighted offices, by quiet men with white collars
> and cut fingernails and smooth-shaven cheeks who do not need
> to raise their voices. Hence, naturally enough, my symbol
> for Hell is something like the bureaucracy of a police state
> or the office of a thoroughly nasty business concern."
>
> - - C. S. Lewis
>
> ____________________
>
> John "Johnboy" Griffiths - RiotACT Editor
>
> http://the-riotact.com
> Ph: 0412 690 643
> ICQ UIN: 7933859
> email: johnboy at the-riotact.com
> GPG Keyserver pgp.mit.edu

- --

__________________________________

WARNING -
This email is confidential and may contain copyright material.
If you are not the intended recipient of Capital Monitor's original e-mail,
please notify me by return e-mail, delete your copy of the message, and
accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Republication or re-dissemination, including posting to news groups or web
pages, is strictly prohibited without the express prior consent of Capital
Monitor Pty Ltd.

John Griffiths		Tel 02 6273 4899
Capital Monitor Pty Ltd	Fax 02 6273 4905
Press Gallery 		Mobile: 0412 690 643
Parliament House	e-mail: john at capmon.com
Canberra   ACT   2600	http://www.capmon.com
Australia		ICQ No: 7933859