[clug] traffic shaping help

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Mon Dec 8 14:58:59 GMT 2003

On 8 Dec 2003, at 21:36, Alex Satrapa wrote:

> The way I have concocted to work around this was to set up an IMQ
> device (InterMediate Queue)

And as I have found out over the last few hours, getting the IMQ into
Linux 2.4.21 isn't such an easy task :)  Go read up on IMQ here:
http://trash.net/~kaber/imq/. Note that it is no longer maintained.

Now I'm trying to get iptables to compile cleanly. That project can
probably wait till later, since it's now *way* past my bedtime! :)

> I'm not sure, but I think it would be possible to police on ingress
> into the imq,

No you can't, because of the way the IMQ and netfilter interact.

Regards
Alex

"Action without study is fatal. Study without action is futile."
   -- Mary Beard