[clug] SCO ordered to show Linux 'infringement'

Tomasz Ciolek tmc at dreamcraft.com.au
Mon Dec 8 05:29:42 GMT 2003

Hi All

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 03:58:21PM +1100, Telek, John wrote:
> Could it be concievable that SCO/M$ are using this time to incorporate
> linux code into the SCO src so that they can get rid of Linux ????????
>
>    JT

Ahem... someone forgte their anti-conmspirary theory meds...

Its not likely since almost every line of code in Linux is attributable
to an author/organization and the source trees change over time... so
imagine the complexity of the undertaking...  if SCO has that sort of
engineering capability, they should have a MUCH BETTER an OS...

More likely explanation is that the Lawyers and Directors want to stall
the court proceedings till and of US financial year (Feb or April -
someone correct me if I am wrong... ) and then sell thier shares while
they are still high on the pre-discovery/pre-trial phase hype...

But you might be onto something there John, seeing as you DO work for
the largest monopolist in this country...

Tomasz

--
Tomasz M. Ciolek
  email:  tmc at dreamcraft dot com dot au