[clug] traffic shaping help

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Mon Dec 8 04:00:39 GMT 2003

Hi,

I'd like some help from a traffic-shaping whiz out there.  I did read the LARTC manual, three times, and I still don't understand how to use it so maybe someone could help me with it.  I am sure this might be useful to others - families with broadband and a linux router and say teenagers that tend to download outrageous amounts of bytes.

I have a program that can tell me if an IP number has used up their daily quota of download bytes.  I want to throttle the bandwidth seen by that IP for a certain period, so they are still connected and can access the internet but their bandwidth is severely limited for that period.

Anyone help me with this?

Kim
Kim Holburn
Network Consultant - Telecommunications Engineering
Research School of Information Sciences and Engineering
Australian National University - Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 0417820641
Email: kim.holburn at anu.edu.au  - PGP Public Key on request

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary parts.
     Andrea Leistra (rec.arts.sf.written.Robert-jordan)