[clug] Galeon

Nemo -earth native- nemo at nut.house.cx
Fri Dec 5 04:33:56 GMT 2003

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 03:06:11PM +1100, Damien Elmes did utter:
> Nemo -earth native- <nemo at nut.house.cx> writes:
>
> > I'm using a galeon1.2.5ish era version, and while I haven't ever set
> > this (and have roughly 3dozen too many windows open to make me want to
> > test), it looks like you'll want to edit the
> > $HOME/.galeon/mozilla/galeon/prefs.js file, where there is a
> > 'general.useragent.override' string that can be easily changed.
> >
> > The file claims to be generated, so best to edit while galeon isn't
> > running, keep backups, proceed with caution, YMMV, untested by me,
> > batteries not included, may contain traces of a nutcase, and any other
> > disclaimers you can think of that may apply. :)
>
> A nicer way of editing it is to just type "about:config" into the
> location bar. Works in mozilla, at least.

For my galeon, at least, that works for values of 'editing' that are
'viewing'. ;)

It did reveal a few other general.useragent. configs that could also be
changed, though I doubt they'd affect anything for the original question
:)

.../Nemo