[clug] routing advice needed

Tomasz Ciolek tmc at dreamcraft.com.au
Wed Dec 3 10:10:21 GMT 2003

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 08:58:53PM +1100, Kim Holburn wrote:

> I have a company here on this subnet that want to connect to a remote branch but on this subnet a separate company with no connection.  Why is this unusual?

Run this by me again...  you have a company on which network? 2.2.2.0 or
4.4.4.0?

I mean now Im quite confused...  I accept that you have a requirement to
connect to remote location via VPN, but in that case ALL traffic to and
from that location shopuld go through the VPN - for ease of maintainace,
and also if ony some traffic goes through the vpn and not all why have
it?

But I still do not understand what you want to do - send packets form
4.4.4.0 to internet so they get re-routed back inside to 2.2.2.0??
whyfor?

Dude, look at your desing and think about it again.

Of couse as someone pointed out you COULD use IPTABELS to force traffic
through various interfaces, but.. thats just ... ugly...

Tomasz
--
Tomasz M. Ciolek
  email:  tmc at dreamcraft dot com dot au