No subject

Tue Dec 2 02:44:59 GMT 2003

be the case that accounting for the "local" traffic (ie across the same
terminal server) is often more difficult than ignoring it. So basically the
extra "free p2p" they offer is only because it's easier for them in the first
place. So it doesn't suprise me ADSL <-> transact traffic isn't free.

I just moved over to Netspace ADSL. Aside from the 2 week period without ADSL
access (thanks, Telstra), it's been pretty good. And the amount of traffic per
month is enough that the occasional apt-get dist-upgrade doesn't hurt any
more.

I'd love to see a model where local traffic is free to encourage local
mirrors. The peering networks like WAIX in some other states are a promising
start. One can only hope the ISPs start passing on the savings in cost for
local traffic, and not only when it's easy for them.

Cheers,
--
Damien Elmes