[clug] OT: webone settings post changes?

Mark Paine mark at paineless.id.au
Sun Aug 31 21:38:51 EST 2003

jim at amarooas.com.au wrote:

>iinet no longer answer emails, they say it is all due to having got the virus.
>
>I will be watching my bankcard closely in case of unauthorised charges
>

>On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 04:46:41PM +1000, Felix Karpfen wrote:
>

>>This WebOne customer has taken his business elsewhere. I do not intend

Well, I have been away for a couple of days and came back this afternoon
and one of the first things I did was to dial-up and connect.  Guess
what?  No can do.  A few explitivies later and a couple of attempts from
linux and Windows machines, it was a definate no goer.  It turns out a
database service had stopped.  I an now so close to leaving.  *Never*
had problems with WebOne.

It had been pointed out the contradiction on having to connect to the
web to find out what had to be changed so that you can connect to the
net.  However, the irony appears to have been lost on iiNet...  The last
two weeks have been very painful for a lot of WebOne users.

Mark P.