[clug] RE: CLUG parking fine

Darren Freeman daz111 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au
Fri Aug 29 14:20:14 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 13:44, Nemo -earth native- wrote:
> Once bitten twice shy?
>
> *shrugs* Why not just park at the genuine spot allocated for genuine
> visitors?
>
> I think it sucks that so many got bitten by a suddenly strict ANU
> parking system, and the visitors parking sign isn't clear at first
> glance - but given there *is* a genuine spot you can park legally within
> close distance to the clug, I don't see a reason for a boycott.

I would have gladly parked elsewhere if I thought I was going to get
fined, or if I thought I was causing some inconvenience. But a nearly
totally empty carpark right next to the door of where I'm going, at
7:30pm, well of course people are parking there.

A stern warning would have prevented me parking there just as
effectively as a fine. A fine however increases the likelihood that
people will resent the ANU as a result (why $60? isn't $20 enough?).

Driving away all the pesky visitors would surely make the life of the
parking inspector easier. Until the students go elsewhere and the
parking inspector is fired due to obsolescence.

> .../Nemo

Darren