[clug] CLUG parking fine

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Fri Aug 29 12:29:53 EST 2003

At 11:21 AM +1000 03/8/29, Michael Carden wrote:
>Matthew Hawkins:
>> I don't quite understand the problem... you planned on going to pre-CLUG
>> drinky-drinkies and driving afterwards, and parked in a marked reserved
>> parking zone.
>

>[sigh] Do I bother replying? Is there any point? Not really, but what the
>heck...
>

>If the person planning on drinkies was supposed to be me, I'm afraid you're
>sorely mistaken. If in doubt, seek and re-read posts from yesterday
>afternoon.
>
>Marked Reserved Zone? Well, yes. It appeared to me to be reserved for
>*visitors*, and I was under the (mis)apprehension that I was one.

Yeah,  I think marking the carparks as "for visitors" is quite misleading.  They are for *official* visitors to the school, department, whatever with special permits from the school...  Actually we're not allowed to use special permits anymore anyway (ruling from buildings and grounds(?)).  The signs should be changed.

Kim
Kim Holburn
Network Consultant - Telecommunications Engineering
Research School of Information Sciences and Engineering
Australian National University - Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 0417820641
Email: kim.holburn at anu.edu.au  - PGP Public Key on request

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary parts.
     Andrea Leistra (rec.arts.sf.written.Robert-jordan)