[clug] Sun -> Mac adaptor

Darren Freeman daz111 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au
Thu Aug 28 14:32:02 EST 2003

Dear list,

We are going through monitors fairly quickly due to the fusion guys
emitting EMPs all the time. No, it's not the plot for a new hollywood
blockbuster, just a royal pain in the backside ;)

So we're about to run out, but have a few 21" Sun monitors still kicking
around.

I know that adaptors for SVGA aren't exactly cheap, but I figured that
somewhere someone has a whole box of them and would be happy to give one
or two away. So I was hoping that such a person (kind, generous, spiri
of giving) would read this email.

I need to either use a Sun monitor on a PC or a PowerMac (the Mac being
the most urgent need for a monitor as an EMP knocked out its monitor
recently). I'm confident that we have SVGA->Mac adaptors.

So if anyone has a box of adaptors and would be happy to give one away,
I'd be very grateful if they brought it to the CLUG tonight.

Thanks again.

Darren