[clug] IMAP serving my mboxes

Mark Paine mark at paineless.id.au
Thu Aug 28 08:22:09 EST 2003

> At 8:29 AM +1000 2003/08/28, Michael Still wrote:
>>Hey folk,
>>
>>I turned on IMAP on my mail machine. I then fired up Mozilla to test
>> that I could get to my mboxes. The inbox appears correctly, but the
>> rest of my home directory appears as "folders", and then mozilla
>> crashes.
>>
>>I can't seem top find a good howto on this on the web.
>>
>>Does anyone have any hints?
>
> Somewhere in  mozilla preferences there is a bit asking what directory
> you want to use.  tell it ~/Mail or some such

I think it is in the Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings -> Server
settings-> Advanced.   There is a field there for IMAP server directory
(and I think it is relative to your $HOME path).  This assumes of course
that your mboxes are in a subdirectory and not in the root of your home
directory.

Mark P.
--
..sig - TBA