[clug] Fw: Linux licence

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Wed Aug 27 13:03:03 EST 2003

At 12:17 PM +1000 2003/08/27, Michael Carden wrote:
>IF, and it's a big IF, SCO in Australia are confident / brave / silly enough
>to start demanding fees from Australian companies to permit their continued
>use of Linux... of far more interest to me is the question:
>
>Will any Australian company cough up the ransom?
>
>I'd like to think that before anyone did, there would have to be a solid
>decision in an Australian court to back it up.

SCO> I own thousands of lines of code in software you run.
SCO>
SCO> I am not going to tell you which lines - you will just have to believe me.
SCO>
SCO> If you don't want me to send the boys around to your place, pay me a
SCO> license fee for each copy.

Standard business practise?
Kim Holburn
Network Consultant - Telecommunications Engineering
Research School of Information Sciences and Engineering
Australian National University - Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 0417820641
Email: kim.holburn at anu.edu.au  - PGP Public Key on request

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary parts.
     Andrea Leistra (rec.arts.sf.written.Robert-jordan)