[clug] CUPS problem

Michael.James at csiro.au Michael.James at csiro.au
Mon Aug 25 18:01:34 EST 2003

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 03:53 pm, Michael Carden wrote:

> If I try to change any printer parameters via the GUI at
> http://localhost:631 I get a page of parameters to change, and if I click on
> 'continue' I get an error: Lost Connection to Localhost. That's fine, except
> I'm sitting at Localhost and I haven't killed CUPS to take away any
> connection.
>
> The other error I've encountered is client-error-gone, which I suspect may
> mean the same thing, but since my searches of both the linuxprinting.org web
> site and the CUPS docs tell me almost nothing about it, I can't be sure.

There was an issue on my Suse box
 relating to the webserver's canonical name
 and the access lists for CUPS.

Both of these settings were in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf.
Basically the little web daemon was writing URLs to <hostname.domain>
 and then denying your click because it didn't come from localhost.
Or the other way round.

Check the URLs on the browser location window
 and try a little hand editing, see if you can get past it.
Then dive in, edit and reload.

Hope this helps,
michaelj

Michael James				michael.james at csiro.au
System Administrator			voice:	02 6246 5040
CSIRO Bioinformatics Facility	fax:		02 6246 5166