[clug] Silly modem question

Andrew Smith andrew at coolchilli.com
Mon Aug 25 11:56:21 EST 2003

It sounds like they're not training correctly.  Your chat script may already
contain a factory settings restore (at&f), to eliminate manually set
modulation/speed options.  If it does and still no joy, you might need to
force modulation/error correction/speed settings to get it to behave,
V34/MNP5/24000 isn't a bad start.  The AT commands vary for each brand.

Any chance the line is on a PGS/NiRim/Rim/PABX?  If it was your broadband
line, not likely.  I had a problem with the Xircom PC card in my laptop over
the weekend, dialled into Ozemail (Syd) ok, but speed was lousy.  As
Winblows was fine I'm looking at the driver.

Andrew