[clug] Transact Progress(?)

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Fri Aug 22 22:55:41 EST 2003

At 10:47 PM +1000 2003/08/22, George Bray wrote:
>At 3:07 PM +1000 22/8/03, Brian Morris wrote:
>>It 'sort of' could be done in theory...
>
>I know someone who works for a ULL/ADSL supplier and he says on a 3.5km piece of T$ copper they got the modems to lock at 6.4M, with internal speed tests at 5.3M down and 1.4M up. It's certainly possible to do MPEG2 over this.

Crosstalk?  When more people with pairs in the same cable try at the same time what do they all get?

>The digital TV off black mountain runs up to 7Mbps (Prime), so any supplier doing vision over DSL would have to cut the stream back somewhat.
>
>	george

Kim Holburn
Network Consultant - Telecommunications Engineering
Research School of Information Sciences and Engineering
Australian National University - Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 0417820641
Email: kim.holburn at anu.edu.au  - PGP Public Key on request

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary parts.
     Andrea Leistra (rec.arts.sf.written.Robert-jordan)