[clug] Transact Progress(?)

Carl Jackson carl at videohost.com.au
Fri Aug 22 15:01:40 EST 2003

You'd have to be very close to a DSLAM(l ess than 1k effectively) to get
the 2.5Mbit/sec you need for
"VCR Quality" TV via MPEG2.   With MPEG4 it will be easier.

TransACTs best deals are the packages - voice, video and data - thats
what I do and
its good - cheaper overall than the Telstra ULL with ISP due to lower
line rental charges
and cheaper phone calls.   Plus my TV picture is better and I have Video
on Demand
which I like.

 TransACT are just tracking Telstra on data pricing - its not in their
interests to
create a price war.   But you can get 2Mb + speeds on TransACT if you
are prepared to
pay - don't know anyone that has gone the whole 55Mb but there are homes
with 10Mb right now.

Despite the doom and gloomers I'd bet TransACT will pull thru - I heard
they are just about
to announce a major new backer.   I was at Paul Buddes Broadband
conference in Sydney this week and
he was predicting that Broadband revenues would increase by 20-30% per
annum for at least 5 years
Hard to go broke in that environment :-)

carl